Local Indigenous Plant Nurseries
Indigenous Plants for your garden can be purchased from these volunteer-run nurseries.
They also provide most of the plant stock used for revegetating the bushland parks. Please check their web-sites for opening days/hours and sale days.
Indigenous Gardening Guide
Whitehorse Council’s indigenous gardening guide Indigenous Gardening in Whitehorse can be downloaded here (14MB).
It’s very impressive – covering sustainable, indigenous gardening from scratch – the benefits, planting and maintenance techniques, garden design tips, a full list of the indigenous plants in Whitehorse replete with glorious colour photographs of the plants and a list of weeds.
Whitehorse Bushland Parks
- Antonio Park – Mitcham (Melway Map 49 C8)
- Bellbird Dell – Vermont South (Melway Map 62 J6)
- Blackburn Lake Sanctuary – Blackburn (Melway Map 48 B11)
- Below the Lake Friends – Blackburn (Melway Map 48 B12)
- Campbells Croft/Abbey Walk – Vermont (Melway Map 63 C4)
- Cootamundra Walk – Blackburn (Melway Map 48 A7)
- Heatherdale Reserve – Mitcham (Melway Map 49 C12)
- R. E. Gray Reserve – Nunawading (Melway Map 48 G6)
- Somers Trail/Simpsons Park – Mitcham (Melway Map 49 B11)
- Wandinong Sanctuary – Blackburn (Melway Map 61 K1)
- Wurundjeri Walk – Blackburn South (Melway Map 61 H3)
- Yarran Dheran– Mitcham (Melway Map 49 B7)