Update April 2016:
- The external (unisex/disabled) toilet at the Kalang Pavilion has been opened as a public toilet on a trial basis for 12 months during daylight hours.
- This is the only public facility in the entire Blackburn Creeklands. It is located on the southern side of the pavilion at the eastern end facing the road.
- The Kalang Oval Pavilion was officially opened on Friday (12/2) evening by the Mayor.
- Please click here for the details.
- Although not officially opened yet, the new pavilion is up and running well ahead of schedule and is already being used by the cricketers.
- Committee is considering moving our monthly committee meeting from the Bowls Club to a multi-purpose room in the pavilion – given that it’s IN our park.
Update 23/6/2015: Demolition has commenced and the construction of the new facilities follows.
The construction work is scheduled to take about nine months – aiming for completion (of the new baby?) in February, 2016 (subject to weather conditions of course).
During this time, the car park near the pavilion will be unavailable. Park users will be encouraged to use the car park located near the Bowls Club (off Pakenham Street). No doubt, normal access to the park will also be restricted around the construction site.
20/5/2015: Temporary buildings for the Kalang Oval Pavilion redevelopment project were placed on-site yesterday (19th May). Demolition of the old pavilion will commence shortly – followed by construction of the new facility.